5 Things to Do Around Chicago This Weekend
Celebrate that you finally made it through the week with five awesome events around Chicago this week! Every week we at Dream Town scour the city and handpick five things we’re excited about.
From culture and history, to weird culture and history, to checking out some art and theatre; you’ll have no shortage of things to talk about next Monday.
Fiesta Patronales Puertoriquenas
Enjoy the food and music of Puerto Rico this weekend at the 36th annual Fiesta Patronales Puertoriquenas. Held each June, this party in the park is a fantastic way to experience the vibrant culture of the island. Carnival rides, games, and more round out the weekend’s festivities. A portion of this year’s proceeds will go towards hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico.
- When: Fri Jun 15 – Sun Jun 17
- Where: Humboldt Park (1440 N Humboldt Blvd)
- Hours: 3pm – 10pm Fri, 12pm – 10pm Sat-Sun
- Admission: $2 (kids 12 and under free)
- More info: thepuertoricanfestival.com
Craft Brews at the Zoo
Savor a selection of 120 plus specialty and craft beers from more than 40 local and regional breweries at Craft Brews at the Zoo. Beer tasting stations will be set up throughout the zoo’s gardens for this one-of-a-kind 21 and over event. Experience the zoo after-hours, but be sure to get your ticket soon – this event is sure to sell out.
- When: Fri Jun 15 – Sat Jun 16
- Where: Lincoln Park Zoo (2001 N Clark St)
- Hours: 6pm – 10:30pm
- Admission: $49 – $79 ($20 designated driver tickets)
- More Info: craftbrewsatthezoo.com
Gold Coast Art Fair
The Gold Coast Art Fair welcomes more than 300 artists from around the world to Grant Park, drawing art enthusiasts to Butler Field for a fun-filled weekend. Fabulous food, live music, and interactive art projects will be on hand for this family-friendly event. You’ll even have your chance to take a whirl on the Spin Art machine to create your very own masterpiece!
- When: Sat Jun 16 – Sun Jun 17
- Where: Butler Field (Lake Shore Dr and Monroe St)
- Hours: 10am – 6pm
- Admission: $5 (kids 13 and under free)
- More Info: goldcoastartfair.com
Celebrating the creativity and passion of the museum’s Teen Creative Agency, this festival showcases the Chicagoland teens engaging artwork and out-there projects. Live performances, workshops, and interactive installations crafted and designed by teens encourage visitors to participate with the art world around them.
- When: Sat Jun 16
- Where: Museum of Contemporary Art (220 E Chicago Ave)
- Hours: 1pm – 6pm
- Admission: Free
- More Info: mcachicago.org
Race Against Hate
The 19th annual Ricky Byrdsong Memorial Race Against Hate has become a North Shore institution. Held each year on Father’s Day, this community wide event brings together thousands of people from all over the Chicagoland area to run and walk in unity against racial hatred and violence. Dream Town is proud to be a sponsor of the 19th annual Race Against Hate and the YWCA Evanston/North Shore’s continued mission of unity.
- When: Sun Jun 17
- Where: Floyd Long Field (2436 Sheridan Rd, Evanston)
- Hours: 7am – 10am (see schedule for specific race details)
- Admission: $12 – $44
- More Info: raceagainsthate.org
For more Chicago real estate news and features check out our blog!