5 Things to Do Around Chicago This Weekend
Celebrate that you finally made it through the week with five awesome events around Chicago this week! Every week we at Dream Town scour the city and handpick five things we’re excited about.
From culture and history, to weird culture and history, to checking out some art and theatre; you’ll have no shortage of things to talk about next Monday.
Circus 1903 replicates the turn-of-the-century experience of seeing a show under the big top during the golden age of the American circus. This fascinating new touring show is produced by the team that created world-famous magic show The Illusionists and utilizes the talents of the puppetry team that worked on Broadway’s War Horse. This true spectacle is not to be missed!
- When: Now – Sun Mar 26
- Where: Oriental Theatre (24 W Randolph St)
- Hours: Tue-Fri 7:30pm, Sat 2pm & 8pm, Sun 2pm & 7:30pm
- Admission: $18 – $122
- More Info: broadwayinchicago.com
855 Peterson Drive
Alluvion Dance Chicago, a troupe that combines contemporary dance styles with musical theater, presents its second annual story show, 855 Peterson Drive, which follows a girl and her journey for independence. Experience love, loss, and the trials it takes to earn the life you’ve always imagined.
- When: Mar 23 – Fri Mar 24
- Where: Hamlin Park Fieldhouse (3035 N Hoyne Ave)
- Hours: 7:30pm
- Admission: $20 Adults, $15 students/children under 10
- More Info: alluviondancechicago.com
THE ART OF SAKE COCKTAILS
Imperial Lamian invites cocktail lovers for an interactive, behind-the-scenes look at crafting cocktails from sake, the characteristic Japanese rice wine. During the class, guests will sample four handcrafted concoctions as well as indulging in dim sum pairings from the kitchen.
- When: Sat Mar 25
- Where: Imperial Lamian (6 W Hubbard St)
- Hours: 3pm – 5pm
- Admission: $30 + tax and gratuity
- More Info: imperial-lamian.com
METROPOLITAN FARMS GREENHOUSE TOUR
Nestled just six miles west of the Magnificent Mile in a Garfield Park manufacturing district, Metropolitan Farms is a thriving agricultural operation, producing locally-sourced tilapia, salad greens, and culinary herbs year-round from within its state-of-the-art greenhouse. Enjoy a guided walkthrough of the farm and discover how greener practices are possible in even the most industrial environment.
- When: Sat Mar 25
- Where: Metropolitan Farms (4250 W Chicago)
- Hours: 3pm – 4pm
- Admission: $22, discounted tickets $11
- More Info: metro-farms.com
MINING PICTURES: STORIES FROM ABOVE AND BELOW GROUND
Photography, drawings, and other documents tell the story of the American mining industry through the 19th and 20th centuries through the faces of its workers. Talia Shabtay’s exhibition, which prominently features the work of Bruce Davidson and W. Eugene Smith, seeks to examine scientific progress, human sentiment, and the ways that narratives about industry are constructed.
- When: Now through Sun Apr 2
- Where: Block Museum of Art (40 Arts Circle Dr, Evanston)
- Hours: Tues, Wed, Sat, Sun 10am – 5pm; Thurs-Fri 10am – 8pm
- Admission: Free
- More Info: blockmuseum.northwestern.edu
For more Chicago real estate news and features check out our blog!