5 Things to Do Around Chicago This Weekend
Celebrate that you finally made it through the week with five awesome events around Chicago this week! Every week we at Dream Town scour the city and handpick five things we’re excited about.
From culture and history, to weird culture and history, to checking out some art and theatre; you’ll have no shortage of things to talk about next Monday.
MAGNIFICENT MILE LIGHTS FESTIVAL
This beloved annual event lights up the city with over a million lights placed on over 200 trees along Michigan Avenue. The festival also features a colorful parade that leads to the lighting of Millennium Park’s Christmas tree, and a fireworks display heralds the start of the holiday shopping season.
- When: Fri Nov 17 – Sat Nov 18
- Where: Michigan Ave between Oak St & Wacker Dr
- Hours: Fri 4pm, Sat 11am
- Admission: Free
- More Info: themagnificentmile.com
SAY YOU LOVE ME: 40 YEARS OF RUMOURS
After multiple sold out performances, the Fleetwood Mac tribute Say You Love Me returns with a show devoted to the 40th anniversary of the band’s legendary Rumours. These talented musicians will move audiences with their cabaret renditions of the entire album and other of the band’s passionate classics.
- When: Fri Nov 17 – Sun July 30
- Where: Davenport’s Piano Bar (1383 N Milwaukee Ave)
- Hours: Fri & Sat 8pm, Sun 7pm
- Admission: $18 + two-drink minimum
- More Info: davenportspianobar.com
CHICAGO TOY & GAME FAIR
North America’s largest toy and game fair promotes play for all ages using innovative events and exhibitions. Enjoy a bevy of delightful sights and experiences, featuring the creative designs and whimsical entertainment of the world’s best designers.
- When: Sat Nov 18 – Sun Nov 19
- Where: Navy Pier (600 E Grand Ave)
- Hours: Sat 10am – 6pm, Sun 10am – 5pm
- Admission: $14 Adult, $7 Child (Free for children under 3)
- More Info: chitag.com
CIRCUS IN PROGRESS
The faculty, alumni, and current students of Evanston’s celebrated Actors Gymnasium demonstrate the breathtaking array of their circus artistry, including aerial acts, dance, juggling, mime, card tricks, song, unicycle feats and life-size puppetry. The evening is sure to thrill you and fill you with wonder.
- When: Sat Nov 18
- Where: Actors Gymnasium (927 Noyes St, Evanston)
- Hours: 4:30pm & 7:30pm
- Admission: $25
- More Info: actorsgymnasium.org
CHI TOWN HIP HOP FESTIVAL
The acclaimed Arie Crown Theater offers a grand backdrop to honor the contributions of America’s hip-hop music and culture, with both local legends and giants of the genre in attendance. Come dance and get loose with Juvenile, Trina, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, UNCLE LUKE, Ying Yang Twins, and Doug E. Fresh.
- When: Sat Nov 18
- Where: Arie Crown Theater (2301 S Lake Shore Dr)
- Hours: 8pm – 11pm
- Admission: start at $49
- More Info: livenation.com
For more Chicago real estate news and features check out our blog!