More Home Buying Resources:
- Chicago Homes For Sale
- More Buying Tips
- Neighborhoods Property Values
- Suburbs Property Values
- Real Estate Terms
64 pages of buyer's tips, negotiation strategies, home inspection checklist, closing cost worksheet, 9 steps to home buying success and much more!
The First Step Toward Chicago House Buying
Congratulations - you're about to realize your dreams and buy a home! To assist you and help explain this complex process, we've prepared our Chicago Home Buyer's Guide, just for you.
Step By Step: Your Dream Town Chicago Home Buyer's Guide leads you through the 9-step home buying process point by point. Scan it quickly for an overview of the steps involved. Then, as you move forward, look to the Guide whenever you need an instant, detailed reference source.
Table of Contents:
Select a Realtor?
- Why Choose Dream Town?
- Service Excellence Guarantee
- Code of Service Excellence
Should I Buy?
- Renting vs. Buying
- Considering Buying a Chicago Rental Property?
- Taking on a Chicago home remodeling project
- First Time Home buyer in Chicago
Set Your Price Range
- Size your down payment
- Ratios and Budgets to Help Assess Affordability
- What Can You Really Afford?
- What Does the Future Hold?
Secure a Lender
- Prequalification - Quick, Free, Easy
- Why Prequalification is Important
- Pre-approval - Added Leverage
- Improve Your Credit Profile
Find the Right Home for You
- Elements Affecting the Asking Price
- Considerations for Condo Buyers
- Home Buying Mistakes
- Buying A Chicago Vacation Home
Negotiate Your Purchase
- The Negotiation
- Elements of a Purchase Offer
- Negotiation Strategies
Make Sure Everything's in Order
- Legal Review
- Finding the right Chicago Home Inspector
- Home Warranty Protection
- Property Appraisal
Close the Deal
- Ways to Take Title in Illinois
- Your Closing
- Five weeks before your move
- Four weeks before your move
- Two weeks before your move
- Moving week
- Is Your Move Job Related?