Accredited Buyer Representative
Why should you look for an ABR® Realtor first?
The letters ABR® after a realtor’s name designates them as an Accredited Buyer Representative, and is your assurance that they have achieved a high level of proficiency and education in their field. The search for your home should start with choosing the best buyer representative you can find.
In order to earn the ABR designation, a realtor must fulfill the following requirements set down by the Real Estate Buyers Agent Council (REBAC):
- Complete the ABR Designation Course and exam.
- Complete an ABR elective course and exam.
- Present documentation of five (5) completed closing transactions as the sole buyer representative.
- Maintain membership with the Real Estate Buyers Agent Council and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Simply put, a Buyer Representative offers experience and excellent service to buyers, helping you find the right home at the right price through a smooth process. Your representative works on your behalf, putting your interests first, so you can buy your home with confidence and ease.
Rely on your accredited buyer representative to:
- Help determine locations and neighborhoods to fit your interests.
- Find properties in those locations to suit your needs.
- Help you establish an affordable price range.
- Preview properties and accompany you to showings.
- Examine and research properties for possible issues or problems.
- Advise you in making a purchase offer.
- Present your offer to the seller.
- Negotiate the price for you.
- Help you get the appropriate financing for your property.
- Assist you in finding experienced and professional vendors for additional services such as movers, painters, carpenters, etc.
About the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council
Members of the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council are committed to providing you, as a buyer, with the best service possible. REBAC was founded as a way for realtors to demonstrate their dedication to being exceptional Buyer Representatives. REBAC now has over 40,000 members, and every day the numbers are growing.
All REBAC members must successfully complete the ABR Designation Course to join, ensuring that every member is an educated and skilled Buyer Representative. REBAC members benefit from being a part of a well-informed network of buyer representatives, and those benefits are passed along to buyers who work with an ABR.